Newark Swimming Club was established in 1935 on
the banks of the river Trent prior to there being a purpose-built facility in
The first purpose built pool was constructed on Sherwood Avenue in the town centre. This became the home for Newark swimming club which in its earl years was primarily a diving club, throughout the years at this site the club constantly evolved into a competitive swimming club that we recognise today.
In the late 1960’s the Grove leisure centre was built and Newark SC move to its first indoor facility where it remained for over 40 years.
A modern leisure centre was constructed on Bowbridge road Newark in 2016 by Newark & Sherwood District Council to replace the aging Grove Leisure centre Newark SC relocated to the Newark Sports & Fitness Centre in late April 2016